About Me

My photo
I'm a Jesus loving girl who is blessed with an amazing husband and two beautiful children. At the age of 23, while pregnant with my firstborn I noticed a dome shaped nodular area on my left hip. It started growing larger and eventually started bleeding. After the birth of my baby girl and my 24th birthday I decided to get the ugly bump checked. The result was Stage III nodular Malignant Melanoma that had extensions into my lymph nodes. I completed a year of Interferon chemotherapy. a year later I became pregnant with my second child. After his birth I developed two more melanoma primary tumors-- stage 1 2010, and stage 2 in 2011. Since then I have made it my mission to advocate and educate to bring about melanoma awareness in hopes that it could save others from this deadly disease. Thankfully, I am very healthy and doing very well! I have No Evidence of Disease and I'm showing Cancer Who's Boss by staying fit and healthy. I plan to blog about my adventures in running over cancer during training for my first Full marathon Fall 2014. Remember to love your skin, protect your skin, and check your skin. Share the love and spread the chemical-free lotion!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

7 Day Countdown to 26.2

"Examine me, O Lord, and try me; test my mind and my heart." Psalm 26:2 NASB



So, how cool is this verse?!  Not only is it fitting that it happens to have the numbers 26:2 but read it over and over...."examine me, O Lord, and try me; test my mind and my heart."  David's desire was to have the inmost part of his soul searched and examined by the Lord...his mind and his heart tested. The scripture goes on to say in vs 3 "For Your lovingkindess is before my eyes, And I have walked in Your truth."  


During Worship this morning, as the band was playing "made to thrive" by Casting Crowns, I was overcome with emotion.  I began to cry as I sang the words with thanksgiving to God for all He has brought me through.  Scripture tells us to put on the full armor of God so that in the day of battle we'll be prepared...we don't know what might be thrown at us in this life but we have to be prepared to fight.  

"Here In this worn and weary land where many a dream has died
   like a tree planted by the water we never will run dry

   so living water flowing through God we thirst for more of you
   fill our hearts and flood our souls with one desire

   Just to know you and to make you known we lift your name on High
   shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
   
   We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
   It's time for us to more than just survive 
   We were made to thrive"


As I sang the words to this song, I thought about the 12 months I endured chemo...I thought about the days I didn't want to get out of bed...the days my bones hurt just to walk or get myself dressed...I thought about the memories of my baby girl that I can't recall because of the brain fog from the cancer treatments. I thought about my friend, Joe, who passed away from the beast, Melanoma. I know most people don't understand or "get" why I run or why I would want to run "that far" and that's ok...I never dreamed I would have the desire either. In fact, this time last year I was running my first 1/2 marathon (13.1 mi) and the pain I felt at the end of that race made me say "there's no way I could ever run a full."  

It's funny how things change...I met this crazy girl who said it would be a good ideal to run 26.2 miles together... "we'll do Hal Higdon's 18 week training plan" she said..."we'll get a group together" she said...."it will be fun" she said... "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17.  We are definitely stronger together! There's no way I could've made it this far without them and God pulling me through.  The marathon is so much more than a 26.2 mile race...as a matter of fact it's taken a total of 434.4 miles training since the end of June to get us to that starting line.  "We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives It's time for us to more than just survive.......

WE WERE MADE TO THRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to the 5KC, my sole brothers and sisters, my friends and family for all your love and support.  Please keep me and all the runners in your prayers as we set out to run 26.2 miles next Sunday at 7:00a.m.  Here are some pics from various long runs and races during the past 18 weeks.  #Showingcancerwhosboss
#MUMTraining
#stacyhigdontrainingplan
#runforGod
8 mile taper run

8 mile taper run

16 mile long run

Finishing Adams co 1/2 marathon




Adams co 1/2 marathon with my sole sisters

Adams co 1/2 marathon, PR: 2:02

Adams co 1/2 marathon





18 mile long run

Adams County, Ohio 13.1 mi

18 mile group run


13.1

5 mi

Charleston, WV 15 miler

Charleston, WV 15 miler



Add caption

15 miles

8 miles

4 miles

10 miles



13.1 miles from Flying J to Starbucks

4 Miles

4 miles

Charleston, WV 15 miler.

6 mile training run

First time riding a bike since childhood.


Got out of my comfort zone and went on a little bike ride.
Cancer 5K

Color Run with Livi

Cancer 5K with Livi

Cancer 5K 

5K for pregnancy and infant loss awareness

yoga with Livi.
Marathon gift from my sole sister, Stacy.




No comments:

Post a Comment