About Me

My photo
I'm a Jesus loving girl who is blessed with an amazing husband and two beautiful children. At the age of 23, while pregnant with my firstborn I noticed a dome shaped nodular area on my left hip. It started growing larger and eventually started bleeding. After the birth of my baby girl and my 24th birthday I decided to get the ugly bump checked. The result was Stage III nodular Malignant Melanoma that had extensions into my lymph nodes. I completed a year of Interferon chemotherapy. a year later I became pregnant with my second child. After his birth I developed two more melanoma primary tumors-- stage 1 2010, and stage 2 in 2011. Since then I have made it my mission to advocate and educate to bring about melanoma awareness in hopes that it could save others from this deadly disease. Thankfully, I am very healthy and doing very well! I have No Evidence of Disease and I'm showing Cancer Who's Boss by staying fit and healthy. I plan to blog about my adventures in running over cancer during training for my first Full marathon Fall 2014. Remember to love your skin, protect your skin, and check your skin. Share the love and spread the chemical-free lotion!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Patience

Hello friends,

Have you ever been in a situation where you send up a quick prayer asking "God give me patience or I'm going to end up coming unglued and lose my cool?" I don't know about you but sometimes I say those quick prayers as if Im expecting God to just wave a magic wand and "zap" me with some patience in about 2 seconds. I totally believe God could zap me with patience real quick but thats not the way He works. Patience is something that must be developed by experiencing and living thru trials or while waiting for something our heart longs for.

You see the very situation that is testing us to the point of complete breakdown is what develops patience. Its the moment when we quit trying to control the situation and we give it to God. Patience isn't something we can give ourselves by chanting over and over in our head "I need to be patient, I need to be patient, I need to be patient." That only prolongs the ticking time bomb that is going to go off when someone flips our switch so to speak. God is the giver of patience and its given by allowing Him complete control over our circumstances.

The book of James talks about developing patience through trials in this scripture: My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:2-5 NKJV)

God in the midst of our trials or while waiting for the "door(s)" to open help us develop patience and give us wisdom when we have to make serious life changing decisions. I know my life is in your hands and you are in control. You are the giver of love and peace. And your love never fails. Thank you for blessing me with far more than I deserve and most of all thank you for loving me while I was so unloveable. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment