About Me

My photo
I'm a Jesus loving girl who is blessed with an amazing husband and two beautiful children. At the age of 23, while pregnant with my firstborn I noticed a dome shaped nodular area on my left hip. It started growing larger and eventually started bleeding. After the birth of my baby girl and my 24th birthday I decided to get the ugly bump checked. The result was Stage III nodular Malignant Melanoma that had extensions into my lymph nodes. I completed a year of Interferon chemotherapy. a year later I became pregnant with my second child. After his birth I developed two more melanoma primary tumors-- stage 1 2010, and stage 2 in 2011. Since then I have made it my mission to advocate and educate to bring about melanoma awareness in hopes that it could save others from this deadly disease. Thankfully, I am very healthy and doing very well! I have No Evidence of Disease and I'm showing Cancer Who's Boss by staying fit and healthy. I plan to blog about my adventures in running over cancer during training for my first Full marathon Fall 2014. Remember to love your skin, protect your skin, and check your skin. Share the love and spread the chemical-free lotion!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Pray for Cristen

Hello Friends, please lift up my dear friend Cristen in your prayers. She is having surgery for the 18th time to remove Metastatic Colon cancer from her abdomen tomorrow morning at MD Anderson. She is an awesome cancer fighting sister that lets her light shine bright! She is an encourager and cheerleader for me during my battle and is always so upbeat. Pray specifically for the surgeon to get clear margin and that the chemo kills any residual cancer cells. Thanks so much!!! As always friends be aware of your body and please get any unusual symptoms checked! Much love and God bless each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment